The transformer gallery window is the obvious place to start looking for transformers. There are a number of ways in which transformers here can be located.
Transformer categories are a good starting point from which to explore the transformer list. Transformers are grouped in categories to help find a transformer relevant to the problem at hand.
Although all of them are important, the most commonly used transformers are found in these categories:
- Attributes: Operations for attribute/list management
- Calculated Values: Operations that return a calculated value
- Filters and Joins: Operations for dividing and merging data flows
- Geometries: Operations that create geometry or transform it to a different geometry type
- Spatial Analysis: Operations that return the result of a spatial analysis
- Strings: Operations that manipulate string contents, including dates
Simply click on the expand button to show all transformers within a particular category.
The FME Workbench Help tool displays information about transformers. Simply click on a transformer and press the F1 key to open the help dialog.
This tool is linked to FME Workbench so that a transformer selected (in the gallery or on the canvas) triggers content to display in the Help tool.
|Another useful - and printable - piece of documentation is the FME Transformer Reference Guide.|