This chapter introduced you to migration and upgrades for FME Server, including FME Server Projects.
What You Should Have Learned from this Module
- Configuration files need to be manually backed up for reference when restoring any changes made to those files for the new FME Server.
- You are able to backup your repositories, notifications, schedules, security, and services with FME Server.
- You can backup an FME Server configuration to either a resource location or to your local system.
- FME Server backups can be scheduled.
- FME Server provides a workspace that can be scheduled to perform a backup of the Server configuration to an FME Server Configuration File (*.fsconfig). The configuration backup includes repositories, services, notifications, security settings, and schedules.
- You can upgrade FME Server to a second machine, using a different hostname or by using the same hostname, or by upgrading in-place, on the same machine.
- It isn't possible to upgrade only the FME Engines (after 2018) for additional functionality of FME Server.
- FME Server Projects are great for bringing together several FME Server items into groups that are part of a common solution, for easy reference.
- The ability to backup your FME Server instance.
- The ability to backup your FME Server configuration files.
- The ability to backup FME Server log files.
- The ability to restore FME Server configurations.