This chapter introduced you to some of the options for customizing an FME Server installation.
What You Should Have Learned from this Module
- Dashboards display reports about FME Server general health.
- 32- and 64-bit engines can be installed on the same machine, but a 64-bit engine will not run on a 32-bit version of Windows.
- Custom formats, transformers, and coordinate systems can be uploaded to FME Server.
- Custom coordinate system files uploaded to any of the applicable Engine subfolders will require the FME Server Engines service to be restarted before they can be used in a workspace.
- FME Server is compatible with Python.
- FME Server is compatible with R.
- You can share resources with other users.
- Database connections can be created and saved for future use on the Database Connections page.
- Web connections can be created and saved for future use on the Web Connections page.
- You can version workspaces during publishing or in the FME Server Web UI.
- Passwords can be retrieved using the Reset Password feature
- FME Server can encrypt all the data in the FME Server Database
- The ability to upload a file or folder, share the resource with others, and grant levels of permissions on the item if desired.
- The ability to add and manage web connections.
- The ability to version a workspace during publishing or in the FME Server Web UI.