YPOPs! (Ypopsemail) by Yahoopops Sourceforge Net is a free open source software that provides POP3 and SMTP access to Y! Mail. You can use your favourite email client, be it Outlook, Thunderbird, or whatever else you like and connect to Y! Mail seamlessly.
YPOPs! is an application that provides POP3 and SMTP access to Y! Mail. Download link is available on top of the page.
How do we do it you ask? Well, this application is more like a gateway. It provides a POP3 server interface at one end to talk to email clients and an HTTP client (browser) interface at the other which allows it to talk to Y! The same concept holds software good for SMTP as well. If you have Ubuntu, you can learn how to use Ypops on Linux.
Change Log for 0.9.7.3:
First in a series of quick releases to be made to fix broken elements of YPOPs!
- A new protocol for downloading emails from Yahoo! Mail Added;
- IMAP is used internally to fetch from Yahoo! Mail and this is converted back to POP3 format;
- This will enable seamless switch between IMAP and SOAP in the next version (You can get some instructions on using Ypops for Outlook by Brighthub);
- SMTP and SOAP are broken in this release! Next release is to fix them!
- This is the first release with the IMAP<->POP3 support, hence feedback is required to ensure this works;
- IMAP for sure might not be available for all user accounts. If it is not working for you, please try to switch your zone to Yahoo! Asia in your Yahoo! Profile.
Don't forget you can use coupon codes from Deals4Boomers.com to get a 20% Discount for YPOPs service. Also we've shared YPOPs coupon code on several websites. We recommend to use Avast (or another antivirus) for scanning files you are going to download.
Try Avast to protect your traffic
Have a look at Avast products - Protect your traffic with Avast Secureline technology. You can use Avast coupon code to get 20% discount for a yearly subscription.