If you bought anything from GoDaddy before, then you probably know they have some real sweet coupons, but the problem is that finding the best GoDaddy promo code for your order is not a very straightforward task. Partly because most deal sites lists duplicate and outdated coupons, sometimes even phony.
So, I thought It would be worth it to maintain an up-to-date list here of the best GoDaddy promotional offers. After all, I use them almost every week as I'm a domainer and those promos save me a fortune over time. You'll find that the list below is far more accurate and helpful than coupon sites like FatWallet, RetailMeNot, or Groupon. All coupons are working as of February 3, 2018.
You'll also find a list of some helpful tricks that almost as valuable as the coupon codes, and you won't find such factual advice on typical deal sites because they just don't know GoDaddy as much as a domainer.
Without further ado, Here are the Best Working GoDaddy Promo Codes:
7 Incredibly Helpful Tricks To Save Money without a GoDaddy Coupon Code:
- Not all coupons work sitewide on any product. So, You need to choose the best promo code for your order based on the products you're ordering and the total amount you’ll pay. For example, some coupons only work on specific products (e.g., a .co domain name or an SSL Certificate) while some other codes give you XX% discount if your order is above $YY for example. So, you need to check the list above and Choose Wisely. (pun intended :D)
- GoDaddy's $0.99 .COM domain coupon is one of the best things in the world of domains. Sadly, You can redeem this deal once. But, if you didn't make use of it before, Now is the time. Get the most popular TLD for just 99 cents. Who can't afford 99 cents for a full year of domain registration
- I don't think It is worth it to buy add-on services and thin upsells like that Search Engine Visibility service. It is 2018. Google will still find your website, anyway. That stuff stopped being worth it a decade ago. DMOZ has been shut down for god's sake, Do we need any more signs to stop caring about old SEO mumbo-jumbo?!
- I know that the introductory GoDaddy hosting coupon that gives you a full year for $12 is super cheap, but don't forget that you'll renew at the original pricing points which are way higher. Yes, we can still hook you up with a GoDaddy renewal coupon, but It still won’t be that competitive considering other cheap options like Bluehost or HostGator. So, you might give it some thought first.
- GoDaddy has a section called Partner Deals which is basically a collection of premium products and tools that you can get for free or a discount if you’re a GoDaddy customer. This includes a lot of amazing perks like 500 business cards from Vistaprint for just $9.99, $300 in Yelp ads, and 15% off HP. You can also get a 30 to 90-day free trial of a lot of products like QuickBooks, Zoho, MetroFax, Gusto, & eFax.
- GoDaddy regular promo codes don't apply to domain renewals and vice versa. So, If you're planning to renew some domains and also register new ones, you should split them into 2 orders so you can apply a regular coupon on your new registrations and still get discount on your renewals.
- You can't get a discount on automatic renewals for sure. So, I highly advise that you renew your domains in advance and bundle them together in one renewal transaction to get a decent discount. Go ahead and renew all your domains now to make use of the above renewal promotion trick while it still works.
Questions about GoDaddy Coupons & Discounts:
- How to use a GoDaddy promo code and Where to enter it?
- Copy the best code for your order from the list above.
- Locate a link called "Have a promo code?" on your checkout form. Check the below image right above "Payment."
- Click on it to show the promo code redemption form
- Put the coupon code in the text input field
- Click "Apply."
- How to re-use GoDaddy's $0.99 coupon code more than once?
You cannot use it more than once. This coupon works once for each customer, so if you used it once, your account wouldn't be eligible to apply it again.
- Why my promo code is in the cart but still showing the full price?
Sometimes coupon doesn't apply to the product type you're buying (e.g., domain renewals), but GoDaddy checkout form will let you enter the code, but won't let you redeem the discount.
- When do GoDaddy coupon codes expire?
It depends on the coupon code itself. Some coupons never expire while others run as a limited-time promotion.
- Should I get a Private WhoIS service with my domain?
I usually do because It is more private and prevents spam emails. It is also better if you're investing in domains because It gives you some leverage during negotiations as buyers can’t assess your profile.
- How to transfer a domain name to GoDaddy?
- Get EPP Code (Sometimes called “Transfer Key” or “Authorization Code”) from your current domain registrar after making sure the domain is in “Unlocked” state.
- On GoDaddy website, Go to domain transfer and purchase it for your domain.
- Enter the EPP code.
- You’ll receive an email when the transfer process is complete.
- Is GoDaddy's Website Builder (GoCentral) better than Wix?
Frankly, I don't think so. I believe Wix's product is moving much faster in the last couple years. I see that GoDaddy’s GoCentral has such a huge demand and is considered one of the top site builders, but Wix looks more modern to me.
- How to change my domain nameservers at GoDaddy?
- Locate the domain name in your GoDaddy Account Manager.
- Navigate to the "Settings" tab and Locate the "Nameservers" section and then Click "Manage."
- You'll be taken to the "Nameserver Settings" screen where you need to Click "Custom" and then put up your nameservers exactly as you got it from your web host.
- Click "OK" to save your new settings and wait for the nameservers to propagate within a few hours.
- Is GoDaddy good at what they do?
When it comes to domain names, they’re hands down the best and most popular registrar. The only consideration I have is that their generic shared hosting is not superb despite being the most popular and cheap worldwide. I recommend HostGator or BlueHost if you can afford the extra money.
- How to upload my website files & HTML to GoDaddy?
- Login to your cPanel using the instructions above.
- Locate “File Manager” and Click on it.
- Click on your “public_html” folder and Click on it.
- Click “Upload” and select your website files from your computer. You can also compress and upload it and then decompress the file through the File Manager.
- How to install WordPress on GoDaddy?
- Click on “Web Hosting” after signing in to your GoDaddy account.
- Locate the domain name you want to setup WordPress on and Click “Manage.”
- Click “WordPress” in the “Popular Apps” section.
- Click “Install.”
- Fill in the empty fields; Domain, Admin Name, Password.
- Congratulations, WordPress is installed.
- How to set up GoDaddy email?
- Click “Manage” in your Workspace Email control panel.
- Click “Set Up” on the account you want to set up.
- Select the domain and the account credit you want.
- Click “Manage” on the email account you want to use from the list.
- Click “Create.”
- Enter the email address and password you want to use.
- Click “Create,” and you're done.
Note: There might be different steps required to setup your email on your phone or Microsoft Outlook.
- How to login to my email on GoDaddy?
To access your webmail, You need to go to GoDaddy’s Workspace Webmail and Fill in your email address and password, then hit “Sign In.”
- How to forward my GoDaddy email to another email address?
- Go to your Workspace account and then click on “Home.”
- Locate the email address you want to forward and Click on it.
- Click on the small “+” sign to see the additional options.
- Select “Send a copy to:,” and then put your other email address.
- Click “Save,” and you’re done.
- How to build a website using GoDaddy's Website Builder?
- Log in to your account and Click on “Website Builder/InstantPage.”
- Locate the domain you want to create a website for and Click “Manage.”
- Choose a theme that suits your website and business.
- Enter your business and contact information.
- Hit “Next” and Watch the demo video to get familiar with the Website Builder and start editing your site.
- How to access my cPanel on GoDaddy’s hosting?
- In your browser, Go to YourDomainHere.com/cpanel
- Enter the username and password you’ve got from GoDaddy.
- Hit “Login,” and you’ll be on your cPanel dashboard.
- How does GoDaddy work?
GoDaddy is an accredited domain registrar that works through ICANN to register domains for its customers and take care of the technology necessary to manage them.
8 Tips For Choosing a Good Domain Name:
- A .COM is worth a thousand .nets.
- Keep it short. Short is memorable.
- Make it easy to pronounce and understand if heard over a phone call.
- Keep it brandable.
- Avoid hyphens and un-necessary numbers at all costs.
- Don't choose a name that will limit your future growth. Maybe you'll want to expand to another market in the future.
- Make sure It is not unintentionally inappropriate. For example, ExpertsExchange.com could be perceived as ExpertSexChange.com. This was a real website, by the way.
- Make sure It is not a registered trademark.
- Don’t use a TLD that doesn’t go with your industry or business. For example, don’t register a .biz if you’re launching a personal blog. Actually, Never register a .biz :)
10 GoDaddy Pros:
- GoDaddy is the most popular domain name registrar. They actually dominate the space and have the absolute biggest amount of domains registered through them. 73 million to be exact.
- GoDaddy’s prices are low compared to most other registrars. Because of their huge size, they can offer pretty competitive prices. Even without using any of the GoDaddy promos above, they're still cheap.
- GoDaddy has one of the best security standards in the industry which is very important for domainers.
- Go Daddy has the best customer support. They're pretty reachable and professional. They have an extensive Knowledgebase and Support Forums, but you can always reach them through Email, Live Chat, Facebook, Twitter, or Call them at (480) 505-8877 or (602) 814-8877
- Their internal domain push service is super smooth, unlike some other registrars who usually complicate such simple tasks.
- They provide some fantastic coupons that could slash your bill significantly. Frankly, GoDaddy has too many promotional codes that it sometimes becomes overwhelming to locate the best one for your order. That's why I created this ever-updated post.
- Their interfaces are user-friendly. It is super easy to register, renew, manage, or even sell domains. Compared to a registrar like Dynadot, GoDaddy’s UX rocks.
- I believe you should always make sure your domain is with a registrar that won't go bankrupt in the foreseeable future. I know there is ICANN to protect us, but I just want to stay safe. GoDaddy is a company that will stay here even a century from now. The internet depends on it, and It became too big to fail anytime soon.
- They have the most extensive variety of registrable TLDs (Top-level domains) including a lot of the new gTLDs. There are even some TLDs that you can't find outside GoDaddy. The majority of the new TLDs are being sold for far more on other registrars because they don't have sufficient demand or market share of those.
- Typical Domain Name WhoIS crawlers can't get your contact info through a simple WhoIS call because GoDaddy requires you to do it manually through their website and answer captcha, so that means way fewer spam emails from those sketchy spammers collecting your email through scrapping DomainTools WhoIS tool for example.
5 GoDaddy Cons:
- Their hosting service is not one of the fastest at all. I tried them back in 2011, and I don't like it, frankly. I'm not saying that GoDaddy is the worst host. Actually, they're the most popular Linux web host in the world. I tried a lot of web hosts, and I know Go Daddy is not the best at all. I love GoDaddy when it comes to domains, but I'm not that big of a fan of their web hosting services. Their uptime is questionable, and their hosting speed just sucks. I've tested it a lot before moving out. I hear a lot of good things about GoDaddy’s new WordPress hosting recently, but I didn’t try it frankly.
- GoDaddy Domain Auctions are actually open to everyone to bid on up to the last second. This is a bad thing for domain investors who want to bid on premium domains without inviting competition.
- Their marketing sometimes looks pretty weird to me. I know sex sells, but that doesn't mean I should love it as a customer. They don’t do it now as much as the early days with their TV commercials.
- GoDaddy’s “classic/web” shared hosting plans comes with their own custom web hosting control panel, not the usual cPanel we're all familiar with. The hosting is still Linux-based and running on Apache server. So, You can still enjoy stuff like Webmail and run PHP scripts. If you want a cPanel with your hosting, You should get a cPanel hosting plan. This is another service that GoDaddy provides.
- In 2011, The company backed SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) which upset a lot of people and resulted in a significant boycott of the brand. It is their biggest mistake to date.
GoDaddy Products List:
Most people think of GoDaddy.com just as a domain name registrar, but actually, they provide quite a variety of other essential products. Here is a full list of their products for your convenience:
- Domain Names:
- Domain Name Registration
- Domain Value Appraisal
- Domain Auctions
- Discount Domain Club
- Domain Brokerage
- Domain Reseller Programs
- Domain Backorder
- Web Hosting:
- Shared Hosting (Plans: Economy, Deluxe, & Ultimate)
- Business Hosting (Plans: Prime, Premium, & Enterprise)
- WordPress Hosting (Plans: Basic, Deluxe, & Ultimate)
- Pro Managed WordPress Hosting
- VPS Hosting (Plans: Economy, Value, Deluxe, & Ultimate)
- Dedicated Servers
- GoCentral: Website Builder and Online Store
- Professional Email. (GoDaddy Workspace)
- SSL Certificates
- Productivity Tools: Microsoft Office & Online Bookkeeping
- SmartLine: Second & Toll-Free Phone Numbers
Were you looking for a GoDaddy Renewal Coupon?
This page here is for general GoDaddy coupons, but as you may know, those don't apply to your existing product renewals. If you're not trying to register a new domain or buy a new service, you should check this page for some GoDaddy renewal promo codes that still actually work in 2018.
Looking for domain promo codes from other registrars?
GoDaddy is the best domain registrar, but if you are looking for deals from other domain registrars and web hosts, You can still enjoy other promotions like this NameCheap coupon. Looking for decent hosting on sale? Make use of this Bluehost coupon or this HostGator coupon.
Explain “Domain Name” Like I’m Five:
A domain name is your home address on the internet. It is the string in your website address right after the www. and before the first backslash. People use it to access your site instead of having to remember your IP address. Domain names come in hundreds of extensions called TLDs, and they're all under the management of The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). You can read more about how the DNS (Domain Name System) works here.
So, What is GoDaddy?
GoDaddy Inc. is the world's largest domain name registrar with 17+ million customers worldwide and 73 million domain names under management as of May 2017. GoDaddy was founded in 1997 by Bob Parsons in Baltimore, Maryland. It quickly became a huge success. They have more than 6,000 employees in 14 offices worldwide including Silicon Valley, Seattle, Cambridge, Phoenix, and Hyderabad (GoDaddy India).
GoDaddy is headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, U.S. It is currently being run by Mr. Blake Irving as CEO and Mr. Charles Robel as Chairman. The company is being traded as GDDY on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and Its revenue in 2016 was $1,847,900,000 with $21.9M of net income.
How GoDaddy.com Started?
Robert Ralph "Bob" Parsons sold his financial software company, Parsons Technology, Inc., to Intuit for $65 million in 1994. Three years later, he came out of his retirement for a mission. Starting a company called Jomax Technologies. In 1999, The team decided to rebrand as GoDaddy Group Inc. The company has received funding rounds from top VCs like Technology Crossover Ventures, KKR, & Silver Lake.
Why Is GoDaddy So Famous For Their Marketing?
Personally, Sometimes their marketing campaigns look off to me, but it is very effective indeed. Their bizarre and creative super bowl ads were always quite a success. The story began in 2009 when the company hired the golfer Anna Rawson as the first GoDaddy Girl followed by Marina Orlova and Jillian Michaels. However, the most famous GoDaddy face has always been the beautiful American IndyCar driver, Danica Patrick. They're also famous for supporting NASCAR and founding GoDaddy Bowl.