This chapter introduced you to FME Server security.
What You Should Have Learned from this Module
- Users are the individual accounts that access FME Server.
- Roles are comprised of one or more users.
- Default roles and accounts are created when FME Server is installed, but you can also add your own.
- You can integrate your organization's Active Directory users and groups into FME Server.
- The Trusted User Account provides unauthenticated access to any component of FME Server.
- FME Server Windows Services can be changed to any Service Account to allow network access.
- FME Server can be configured for HTTPS, supporting both CA-issued and self-signed certificates.
- The ability to create a new user and assign permissions.
- The ability to create a connection to an Active Directory server and import users and roles.
- The ability to encrypt the communication between the client and server machines with HTTPS.