Meaningful Support for Teachers:
Specific Ways to Encourage Game-Based Learning in the Classroom
Resources from the Panel Presentation at the 2014 DR K-12 PI Meeting
Presentation Slides in PDF format
Math Snacks - New Mexico State University Learning Games Lab
Presenter: Barbara Chamberlin (bchamber at nmsu dot edu)
- Mathsnacks.org - New website as of Aug 5, 2014!
Geniverse - The Concord Consortium
Presenter: Frieda Reichsman (freichsman at concord dot org)
- Geniverse Demo - Play without an account, no registration required.
- Geniverse - Create accounts to track progress.
- Geniversity - Access to the Geniverse teacher support materials.
EdGE at TERC
Presenter: Erin Bardar (erin_bardar at terc dot edu)
Visit us at http://edge.terc.edu to:
- Play our games
- Get to know our team, projects, & partners
- Read our publications & other great papers about game-based learning
- Download sample classroom "bridge" activities
- Read our blog to find out what we’re up to
- Drop us a note to say hello
Impulse Teacher Play & Discussion Guide (38 MB)
Guide to help teachers familiarize themselves with the game Impulse,get comfortable with the way physics is represented in the game, and prepare for integrating discussions and game play examples into their classroom lessons.
Quantum Spectre Teacher Play Guide (60 MB)
Guide to support teachers' use of Quantum Spectre game examples in the classroom, including information about how to access a *special teacher version* of the game, step-by-step navigation instructions, and examples of puzzles that are particularly appropriate for addressing the key concepts.