Estate Planning


Experienced Probate and Estate Administration Lawyer Helping Texans in McKinney and Collin County Texas

Attorney R. Dean Davenport is an experienced trust lawyer and probate attorney serving Collin County, Texas since 2012. We are aware that the loss of a loved one can frequently be hard enough without the added stress of navigating the complexities of the legal system.

What happens if someone dies with a will?

There are clear steps you have to take, irrespective of whether the man who passed away had a will. If the person had a revocable living trust, irrevocable trust, or another sort of comprehensive estate plan, this may be referred to as"estate management".

Even though Texas has a fairly simple and straightforward estate probate procedure compared with other nations, it is still possible to run into issues when administering an estate or will. People can make the mistake of picking the wrong form of probate, or cope with competitions to a will, disputes over who will inherit money, companies, property, or personal possessions. Many people don't upgrade their will, and if somebody called in a will is no more alive this may also require additional steps to be taken. Attorney R. Dean Davenport has helped customers looking for a probate lawyer in McKinney, TX browse these issues with utmost expertise for nearly a decade.

What should I Do if somebody passes away without a will?

This is Known as intestate distribution.

Assuming you Are not married, the Texas Estates Code outlines these guidelines for administering an estate for somebody who had no estate plan or will:

Assuming both Of the descendants (individual who has passed away) parents are living, the estate will be distributed evenly among both parents.

In the event That you have brothers or sisters, your parents would get 50% of the estate, and the other half would be divided amongst your siblings.

In a situation Where the person who passed does not have a surviving mother and father, the estate would then be distributed evenly against your siblings, presuming they had them. For somebody with no brothers and sisters, the exact same 50/50 rule would apply, but only to the surviving relatives on the mother's and father's sides of the family.

If you have We've taken the time to highlight a few common frequently asked questions below, but given the nature of each situation is different, we recommend calling us directly so we can best address your particular matter.

R. Dean Davenport Attorney at Law | Collin County, Texas

We hope this However, we also know each estate planning and probate matter is different. If you're looking for an experience estate lawyer and probate We assist our clients in every step of the legal procedure. Our office provides Free phone consultation, and a flat fee schedule for most estate planning and probate matters.