Purpose and aim of this fund
Feeling lonely is something we can all relate to, but admitting we feel lonely can be much harder. The government’s loneliness communications activity targets a broad audience, recognising that anyone can feel lonely, and that we all have the power to help those around us.
The objective of the Loneliness Engagement Fund is to reach the groups in England most affected by loneliness during COVID-19 with communications and engagement activity that will help reduce feelings of stigma, and encourage people to take steps to help themselves and others.
We will fund charities or benevolent and philanthropic organisations who have a track record of delivering effective communications and engagement activity at a national level; and who have a proven reach and track record of engaging with one or more of the target groups:
- young people aged 16-24
- people with diagnosed mental health conditions
- people living alone
- people from lower income households
- unemployed people
- disabled people
The fund is open to charitable, benevolent and philanthropic organisations from across England, and applications should be for between £15,000 and £50,000.
This funding is for organisations to continue, adapt or expand existing activity that reaches groups at a higher risk of loneliness and supports the government’s loneliness objectives. All project activities must have concluded and funds must be spent by 31st of March 2022. We can only fund activities in England.
The value of the grant requested must not represent more than 50% of the applicant’s annual income.
Before completing your application form please download and read the guidance for applicants document in full. Pay particular attention to what the funding can be used for.
- The deadline for applications is noon on Wednesday 13 October
- Applicants should answer all questions on the application form
- Applications received before the closing date will be assessed after the closing date
- Applications received after the closing date will not be assessed
- Available information and guidance relating to this funding is contained in the guidance for applicants document
- We are not able to respond to requests for support in completing this application as this is a competitive process
Send your completed application to email@example.com