Detail of outcome
We will publish the new and revised standard rules sets in April 2019. We will provide a 3 month notification period to existing standard rule permit holders before the new rules apply.
Detail of feedback received
We received a total of 19 responses. We have carefully considered these. Of the 19 responses:
- 8 were from operators
- 9 were from a trade body/association
- 1 was from a government agency/local authority
- 1 was from an individual
The Environment Agency proposes to change standard rules for:
- water discharges
- materials recovery and recycling
- waste electrical and electronic equipment
- storage of electrical insulating oils
- metal recovery / scrap metal
- onshore oil and gas exploration and mining
- clarification on distances from springs, wells or boreholes
We would like your views on the proposed changes relevant to you.
We’ll use your responses to help develop the changes to the standard rules sets. We aim to publish the revised standard rules sets in October 2018.
The standard rules permits are an efficient way of regulating for operators and the Environment Agency, as well as protecting the environment from pollution.