December Bulletin 12/2018
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
General Aviation - Fixed wing
Sport Aviation / Balloons
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- Boeing Stearman (N43YP), forced landing following power loss during initial climb, Turweston Aerodrome, Buckinghamshire, 26 May 2018
- Christen Eagle II (G-KLAW), directional control lost on landing due brake failure, RNAS Yeovilton, Yeovil, 21 November 2017
- DA 40 D (G-CCFS), hard landing, Full Sutton Airfield, Yorkshire, 18 August 2018
- Denney Kitfox MK4 (Modified) (G-CJLM), loss of control leading to runway excursion, Stoke Golding Airfield, near Nuneaton, 7 July 2018
- Just SuperSTOL (G-HONO), loss of control after landing, farmstrip near Market Drayton, Shropshire, 14 July 2018
- Piper PA-32R-301 (G-ELLA), forward baggage door opened in flight, near the Compton VOR, 10 January 2018
- Piper PA-38-112 (G-OEDB), departed the runway on landing at Tatenhill Airfield, Staffordshire, 28 June 2018
- Steen Skybolt (G-SKIE), collided with trees after takeoff, Kenyon Hall Farm strip, Croft, near Warrington, Cheshire, 24 June 2018
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Ikarus C42 FB80 (G-ULSY), left landing gear leg collapsed after touchdown, Sandown Airfield, Isle of Wight, 13 July 2018
- Jabiru UL-450 (G-CEOM), loss of control on landing, Cromer Airfield, Norfolk, 29 September 2018
- Pegasus Quantum 15-912 (G-KAZI), bounce and loss of control on go-around, Headon Airfield, Nottinghamshire, 12 July 2018
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (Modified) (G-BZBR), aircraft struck a fence on final approach, Charity Farm, Warwickshire, 7 August 2018
- SD-1 Minisport (G-MZSP), nose gear collapsed on takeoff, Popham Airfield, Hampshire, 9 July 2018
- Team Minimax 91 (G-MYBM), hard landing, Manchester Barton Airport, 3 August 2018