7 February 2018
- The verb compare has been added to the AppleScript Dictionary. This allows you to run a diff on any two runs held in History.
- The Application Support folder now contains some example AppleScripts that can be modified to suit your needs.
In the event that you need to reinstall or recreate the default examples, delete the Example Scripts folder then (re)launch DetectX Swift.
- The command line tool now has a status command which returns the registration status for use of the CLI Search function.
- Pro & Management license holders can now customise the title, icon, text and confirm button text in the Folder Observer alert.
- The Folder Observer alert now shows the DetectX Swift icon by default.
- A bug in the search heuristic that caused a false positive was removed.
29 January 2018
- AppleScript Support: Please see the DetectX Swift Terminology Suite in your AppleScript editor's Dictionary viewer.
We plan to add further AppleScript functionality going forward, so please put in requests for specific commands, classes and properties you'd like exposed for scripting.
- QuietLaunch: A hidden preference that launches DetectX Swift without running either the profiler or the search. This can only be set and unset via the command line:
defaults write com.sqwarq.DetectX-Swift QuietLaunch -boolean true
defaults write com.sqwarq.DetectX-Swift QuietLaunch -boolean false
QuietLaunch is primarily intended as an aid to AppleScripters and is not recommended for general use. See the Advanced section in the forthcoming update to the User Guide for more details.
- A bug was addressed that could cause the Uninstall procedure to falsely warn that uninstalling had failed.
- The command line tool should now exit with an appropriate return code.
- Several issues regarding the Registration window and the registration process have been addressed.
- An incompatibility with some configuration settings of McAfee Anti-Virus has come to light. In the event that McAfee AV is installed and DetectX Swift quits soon after launch, please adjust the AV settings to allow execution of DetectX Swift.
- After upgrading to v1.02, earlier versions of DetectX Swift will be unable to recognize existing registration details. This will only affect a registered user that subsequently downgrades to v1.01 or earlier (perhaps as a result of restoring from backup). In that event, the original registration details will need to be reentered.
21 January 2018
- New search heuristics added.
- The reportGatherer function now collects information on any configured emond clients.
- DetectX Swift now correctly switches to the main view when the reportGatherer function is run.
- An unwrapped optional that could cause DetectX Swift to crash when entering the registration details is now handled properly.
- The CLI's scan & vscan commands will be removed in a future release. Please use search and vsearch instead.
15 January 2018
Note: your DetectX Swift update and these release notes are secured using encrypted https protocols.
See the User Guide for full documentation of all features.
Requires macOS 10.11 or higher.
For support, visit
DetectX Swift Support
For more apps for your macs, visit us at Sqwarq.com