8 HostGator Coupon Codes That Saves 60% to 75% OFF Any Hosting Plan in 2018: A Complete List
If you want to buy a web hosting plan from HostGator, Don't do it without using a HostGator coupon code. They have some amazing promo codes that give up to 75% off discounts. I've been hosting most of my websites with them since 2004 and launched this microsite in 2009 to be an always up-to-date source for the best Host Gator deals and tips.
I check and update the coupons list below twice a month to make sure that each code is still working. I also add any new coupons immediately and even have an exclusive one too as I'm one of their affiliates and get compensated for your sales. So, If you're looking to save your hard-earned dollars, Stop the search now. You will find each promo code currently working in the list below. You can get the first month for only 1 cent or get up to 75% off.
All other coupon sites are bloated with fake deals and clickbait, but you can take my list below to the bank. Just, Click on the best discount offer for your order:
HostGator Coupons List for June 2018:
I've last updated this list on June 7, 2018. All coupons still work. You won’t find duplicate promos that provide the same discount.
8 Super Important Shopping Tips & Saving Tricks Before Buying:
- Any HostGator coupon gives you a discount on your first invoice only (initial billing cycle, not renewals). So, I advise you to prepay for one year or more in advance to get the possible top discount and avoid renewing at original price points soon. It is up to you for sure, but think of it this way; Instead of paying 1 cent today for your first month and renewing the next month for ~$9.95/mo, you can prepay for 1+ years and get ~$3/mo hosting for the whole period using the 65% off deal. Even if you can’t afford to pay for a full year upfront, Go with a 3-month or 6-month option, but never month-to-month unless you only got 1 cent to spend today.
- Some promo codes will give you progressive discounts based on the initial payment term you chose to pay. The longer the initial billing cycle you pay for, the bigger the discount percentage you get. For example, this coupon will give you only 27% off if you paid for 3 months upfront, but if you chose to pay for 3 years upfront, you'd get 63% off using the same coupon. You may also find that other coupons are only applicable on specific payment cycles or give you a higher discount on specific products (like VPS) or high-end plans. You won’t have to check them one by one. Just check the “Best For” field beside each coupon above.
- Your initial billing cycle is simply the period you want to pay for in advance. You can choose between 1, 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months.
- All coupon codes provide discounts on web hosting services only and not applicable on Additional Services like CodeGuard or Private WhoIS. Also, in most cases, coupons won't provide discounts on domain name registration unless it is a limited-time offer like Black Friday coupons.
- HostGator's website gives you 20% to 30% off by default on most plans. The coupons provided on this page will override these default discounts.
- If you ordered a domain name with your hosting and your account was flagged for extra verification step because of your country fraud rate or inconsistency in your contact information, your domain registration will be delayed until you finish the verification process. That means the domain name you ordered would still be available for anyone to hand register. It could be frustrating if you didn’t notice their verification email.
- Don’t be worried about paying for several years in advance because you can always get fund for your unused period at any time. So, if you paid for 3 years today and changed your mind after a year for any reason, you will get a prorated refund for the unused 2 years.
- Don’t forget to uncheck the Add-on Services you don’t need. You most probably won’t need any of them.
Which Coupon Should I Choose?
- If you'll pay for 3 months or more in advance which is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, then you must use the coupon code "CRAZYMONTH" to get 60% off any order.
- If you’ll choose to pay month-to-month which I do NOT recommend at all, then use the coupon CRAZYMONTH to get your first month for only 1 cent.
Why SHOULD You Pay For a Year Or More In Advance?
- It's the only way to get the maximum discount and enjoy top progressive overall savings.
- You can cancel and get a prorated refund anytime even after years.
- Your website is gonna be there for a long time so why make bad decisions that will hinder you later and cost you much in the long-term.
Caution: They Might Flag Your Account For Extra Activation Step
Sometimes HostGator requires extra activation step for clients from specific countries with high fraud rate. They might email you after your purchase and ask for more details like a scanned copy of your ID or passport. If you didn't notice the email and reply within a week, they will refund you in full and suspend your account automatically. You should keep an eye on your email and check all their on-boarding emails within the first 3 days to make sure your account is not flagged for extra activation.
How Do I Redeem a HostGator Coupon Code?
- Firstly, Click this link to Goto HostGator's coupon activation page.
- Choose the coupon that best fits your order from the table above and click on it to copy it.
- Paste the coupon code during checkout and Click “Validate”
- Voila! Your discount has been applied. Just, Click “Checkout Now!"
Try It Risk-Free with HostGator's 45 Day, No Questions Asked, Money Back Guarantee!
Are you not sure yet that HostGator is the best option for you? No problem. You can try its risk-free!
Buy your plan today, and If you're not completely satisfied, you can cancel anytime within 45 days and get a full refund. Even if you changed your mind after the first 45 days, you can still cancel anytime and get a prorated refund for your unused months. HostGator doesn't want your money unless you're a happy customer and this rock-solid guarantee makes it 100% risk-free for you to pre-pay for even 3 years in advance and make sure you won't regret it later.
What are Gator Host Additional Services and Does It Really Worth It?
HostGator offers 3 Add-on services that you can add to your order during check-out. I mostly advise not to buy any of them of you don't understand what they're because you're most probably won't need it. Here is a quick overview of each service:
HackAlert Monitoring (Powered by SiteLock)
This service is supposed to protect your website against hackers and malicious code injection by scanning your website every freuently and letting you know if there is suspicious activity. You can add it to your plan for $1.67/mo (billed annually at $19.99)
Does It worth it? I've used it for 2 years, and I never felt it actually helped me. Maybe because my website was never hacked, but still I wouldn't recommend that you add it to your order. HostGator already provides on-demand security checks through cPanel.
Professional Email (Google Suite, Formerly Google Apps)
You know that all HostGator's hosting plans come with unlimited Email accounts (@yourdomain.com), but maybe you're looking for a more professional User Interface and functionality for your E-mail instead of the boring Webmail interfaces of Horde, RoundCube, and SquirrelMail that comes with cPanel. If so, You can add this service to your order for $5 monthly (billed monthly) and get Google Suite for Business. You'll be able to send and receive emails (@yourdomain.com) through Gmail interface, and It will also give you access to all other Google Services like Analytics, Drive, Docs, Calendar, & Hangouts.
Does it worth it? Yes, It is worth it if you're looking for a super-charged email or Google apps access for your team members. However, you can buy this service anytime from Google directly, so don't let such decisions stop you from moving forward.
Automated Site Backups (Powered by Code Guard)
This service will take an automated daily backup of your website, so it could be ready in case anything went wrong and you want to restore your website to an earlier point. HostGator says that all their plans come with "Instant Backups," but they mean on-demand Backups that you can request by yourself through cPanel. If you want your backups to be automated, then you'll need to get this service for $1.67/mo (billed annually at $19.99).
Does it really worth it? Yes, it is worth it. Most people forget to take on-demand backups through cPanel every while, so this service makes sure that you're covered if something went wrong with your website.
Host Gator Frequently-Asked Questions:
- Is there any HostGator renewal coupon codes?
Unfortunately, they don’t provide any coupon codes or discounts on renewals. The only way to save for a long period is to pay for the maximum payment cycle up front.
- What payment methods can I use to pay HostGator?
Credit Cards, PayPal, and Checks.
- What are the different methods to reach HostGator Support?
Live Chat, Ticket System, Email, Knowledgebase, and phone support via 866-96-GATOR. They're also active on Twitter and Facebook.
Which Shared Hosting Plan Should I Choose?
- If you want to host just one website and you don't need Private IP or Dedicated SSL Certificate (Don't worry, most websites don't), then Go with Hatchling plan without much thinking. It will be just fine for your needs. Click here to go to the order page with 65% off coupon activated.
- If you want to host more than one website and you don't need Private IP or Dedicated SSL, then Go with Baby plan. You can host unlimited websites on the same account. Click here to go to the order page with 65% off coupon activated.
- If a Private IP or Dedicated SSL is a must for your business website, then Go with a Business plan. You can host unlimited websites and enjoy these 2 features as well. Click here to go to the order page with 65% off coupon activated.
- Don’t worry about outgrowing your plan. You can always upgrade to a VPS or something and get all your unused hosting credit transferred to your new plan, and because you're buying a new plan, you'll be eligible for another opportunity to apply for a discount coupon.
- BTW, if your website received too much traffic consistently, Host Gator will email you and ask you to move to a VPS or server. They won’t simply go ahead and suspend you like other hosts.
Which Hosting Type Should I Choose?
- If you're starting a new website or moving a website that receives less than 25,000 visits monthly, then you should be just fine with a generic shared hosting plan. Click here to get 65% on your shared plan.
- If you're starting or moving a WordPress website, then I highly recommend that you check Hostgator's WordPress Hosting Plans especially if you have decent traffic. Your page load speed will be much better, and they have scalable plans up to 300,000 monthly visits. Click here to get 60% discount on WP plans.
- If your website receives a huge amount of traffic or if you own a lot of websites or a hosting company, then you should check out Hostgator's VPS Plans or their Dedicated Servers Plans.
- If you're starting a small web hosting reselling business, then get yourself a decent Reseller Plan that you can scale up anytime. Click here for 65% off.
- If you're building a professional app or looking for a high-performance, scalable hosting for your non-WordPress website, then check the Cloud Hosting Plans.
You can try their service for 1 Month for only 1 Cent!
If you're not sure yet that they are the best web host for you (Although, from my 7 years of experience in Web Hosting field, I'm 100% sure they're the best), you can try their service for a month for only 1 cent. Yes, you read it right! Only a penny! They have created a coupon to let people like you try their service for one month for almost free. And, if you're not happy with their service, you can cancel it anytime (And, I'm sure you'll never think about Cancellation). Click Here to activate this Offer.
Pros: Why Host Gator Should Be Your #1 Choice:
- They provide a huge variety of Web Hosting Services: Choose the perfect room for your website from generic Shared, Cloud, WordPress-optimized, Reseller, VPS, or even Dedicated Servers.
- They have been in the business for well over a decade.
- They host 10,000,000 websites. They all can’t be wrong.
- They provide you with a Free Website Migration Service.
- Daily Database Backups & Automatic Malware removal.
- It’s User-friendly even for beginners.
- Unlimited Disk Space on all shared plans.
- Unlimited Data Transfer (Bandwidth) on all shared plans.
- Host Unlimited Domains on Your Plan.
- Free Shared SSL Certificate.
- World-Class Technical Support.
- 99.9% Uptime Guarantee.
- 45 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- Free $100 Google AdWords Voucher.
- cPanel Control Panel & Fantastico.
- Flexible, Free & Easy to Use Site Builder.
- Free Full Website Transfer and Domain Name Transfer.
- Install 50+ Scripts on Your Website Instantly with Few Clicks.
- 4,500 Website Templates Included for Free.
- Multiple Ways for Support: Live Chat, Phone, Email, Ticket System, and online Knowledge-base.
Cons: Every Host Has Some:
- They only provide discounts on initial payment cycle. Renewal prices are set on original pricing points. You can avoid this by paying for a long-term like 3 years or at least 1 year.
- Their Provo, Utah data center experienced a major network outage incident back in 2013 that lasted for several hours.
- Not always upfront marketing messaging regarding renewal pricing points, backups, & additional services.
- They sometimes flag specific accounts for extra activation process during which your website might be suspended if you don’t respond on time.
- You will need to pay an extra fee to get automated backups for real; If you didn’t get Code Guard Additional Service and relied only on Host Gator’s advertised “Instant Backups” free feature, you’d be getting the regular on-demand backups that you can generate through any cPanel-run hosting. If you want automated backups taken daily and stored, you’ll need to add the “Code Guard” additional service for $1.33/mo (billed annually at $15.96)
HostGator Summary, History, & Company Profile:
HostGator is a leading web hosting provider founded on October 22, 2002, by Brent Oxley who ran the company from his dorm room at Florida Atlantic University. The company is headquartered in Houston, Texas (was originally at Boca Raton, Florida till 2006) with another office in Austin, Texas, and several international offices throughout Canada (Toronto, Ontario), Brazil (Florianópolis, Santa Catarina) and India. HostGator.com, LLC was acquired by EIG (Endurance International Group) on June 21, 2012, for $225 million and Adam Farrar was promoted to be a Chief Executive Officer after Brent Oxley decided to travel the world with his wife. HostGator has also received a lot of Awards and recognition from the web hosting industry.
HostGator is rated 4.4 / 39 Voted.
HostGator headquarters is located at 5005 Mitchelldale St, Houston, TX 77092, USA - Suite #100