Subscribe to RSS

BRN Mechanical is authorised to carry out Queensland vehicle safety inspections and issue safety certificates (formerly known as roadworthys).
The safety certificate is designed to offer buyers better protection and to ensure vehicles being registered are safe. In Queensland you must obtain and display a safety certificate on any registered light vehicle from the moment you offer the vehicle for sale. For dealers, certificates are valid for three months or 1000 kilometres (whichever comes first) from the date of issue. For private sellers, safety certificates may be used for one transfer of registration provided they are within the two months or 2000 kilometres limit, whichever comes first.

For new registration, safety certificates are valid from the date of issue for two months or 2000 kilometres limit, whichever comes first.
NOTE: If you fail to display a safety certificate on the vehicle from the moment you offer it for sale you may receive an on-the-spot fine of A$500.
We are required to test drive your unregistered vehicle as a part of the safety certificate inspection.
For this to be done, you the owner, must have a completed department of transport's application form to register the vehicle. The vehicle is also required to be insured under the Motor Accident Insurance Act 1994.A current insurance certificate must have been issued for the vehicle and the registration.

It is also a requirement for unregistered second-hand and registered interstate vehicles to obtain a safety certificate as part of the Queensland pre-registration process (unless exempt).
A new safety certificate is required each time you sell the vehicle even if it is within the two months or 2000 kilometres.

Free car title search online 720p
Vin number check 1979 online

Comments to «Motor vehicle insurance act 1994 amendment»

  1. SimpotyagaChata writes:
    Major problems with cost to you is by having the open each day, Monday - Friday, from.
  2. SimPle writes:
    Browser-pleasant as potential, so you can easily discover insurance.
  3. AnTiS writes:
    If you have an interest place it continues to hold.