Lead generation specialist - part-time
We’re looking for someone who is excited to contribute to a tech startup - and along the way you’ll learn about how professors actually get published in academic journals. In this part-time role, you will identify sales leads online and enter them into our CRM database, proofread documents, and help with other small projects that come up day-to-day.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate, motivated person (potentially college/grad student) who wants exposure to a startup’s sales process, and is interested in learning more about what it’s generally like to work at a startup through on-the-job experience.
Things you could expect to work on
- Research potential sales leads
- Enter data into CRM (customer relationship management)
- Learning how a CRM works
- Collaborate on other sales-related projects
- Proofread and edit content
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong written and editing skills
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies and apps
- Strong online research and searching skills
- Ability to work on-site at our River North office (LaSalle and Kinzie) with option to work remotely part time
- 6-15 hours per week, depending on your schedule
- Flexible working hours and schedule, within 8am-5pm window
- Work with experienced startup team members (sales, marketing, etc.)
Academic journals are where researchers share the latest knowledge and breakthroughs in their fields. However, the process for publishing research is currently much harder and more expensive than it should be given the rapid progress of technology. You can read about the $12B scholarly publishing industry and its institutional problems in The Economist and on Vox.
Scholastica is dedicated to making the research published in academic journals more affordable and accessible to all. We make beautiful tools that enable journal editors, reviewers, and authors to work together more easily, and to make the management and publication of academic journals more efficient. You can learn more about our team here, and see what our customers think about us here.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with "Lead Generation Specialist" in the subject line. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.