Scholastica Customer Support and Training Specialist
We’re looking for someone who loves helping people and is excited to contribute to a tech startup. In this full-time position, you will be responsible for answering customer questions about using Scholastica, providing basic trainings to customers on how to use the app, and assisting with administrative tasks as needed.
Our ideal candidate is an organized, communicative, thoughtful, empathic, and enthusiastic individual who wants to engage with customers and be the catalyst for their success! The ideal candidate will also be passionate about contributing to an agile startup workplace.
This position encompasses a wide range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Answering support questions
- Improving help documentation
- Training new customers on how to use the platform
- Maintaining CRM (customer relationship management) database
- Communicating complex requests to developers
- Administrative support including data cleaning, data entry, and research projects
If you’re looking to work with a diverse group of analytical people who are working hard to make knowledge more accessible, we’d love to talk with you.
- First-round customer support. You’re our on-the-ground first responder with scholars, editors, and university administrators — but if the question is a little more complex, you’re able to pass the baton.
- Confidently deliver live training sessions to new and existing customers.
- Gain a solid understanding of the full suite of Scholastica products and be capable of answering a range of basic to moderately difficult live QA questions.
- Enter new customer information into CRM.
- Manage transitions between client points-of-contact over time, and establish rapport with those new contacts.
- Administrative assistance as needed (data clean up, data entry, research projects, etc.).
We'd love it if you are
- A strong communicator across all arenas (including writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills), skilled at asking direct questions, able to communicate with individuals from a variety of technical backgrounds (students, professors, professionals, developers, etc.).
- Analytical - a good problem solver, methodical, detail-oriented.
- Empathic - we’ve all struggled with technology before which is why we’re looking for an individual who can communicate with a frustrated user with the same kindness and patience that we hope for when working with new technology.
- Tech forward - comfortable learning and using new technologies and enjoys mastering new digital tools.
- Organized - ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
- Able to communicate complex business software processes effectively.
- Adaptable - comfortable working independently or as part of a team, and is comfortable with fast-paced environments and changing circumstances.
- Able to work onsite at our River North office (LaSalle and Kinzie).
- $32,000 - $39,000 based on experience
- 20 workdays of paid time off, plus the OPM federal holidays
- 4 weeks of paid leave for parental leave (in addition to any remaining vacation days) for employees who have worked a minimum of 12 months
- Flexible working hours and location
- Professional development support (for books, programs, conferences, mentors, etc.) based on your suggestions
- Opportunity to grow alongside our company!
- Work with experienced startup team members across departments (Customer Success, Sales, Marketing, Tech, etc.).
- Opportunity to be a part of a mission that furthers accessibility of important research to the public
- Formal 2-3 week training/onboarding program, plus ongoing training
Academic journals are where researchers share the latest knowledge and breakthroughs in their fields. However, the process for publishing research is currently much harder and more expensive than it should be given the rapid progress of technology. You can read about the $12B scholarly publishing industry and its institutional problems in The Economist and on Vox.
Scholastica is dedicated to making the research published in academic journals more affordable and accessible to all. We make beautiful tools that enable journal editors, reviewers, and authors to work together more easily, and to make the management and publication of academic journals more efficient. You can learn more about our team here, and see what our customers think about us here.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with "Customer Support" in the subject line. Résumés without cover letters will not be considered.