Thank you for attending the 2020 Education Forum. We hope you found the live event a valuable and worthwhile experience.
Because the Forum was held virtually, we were able to record the majority of the sessions, which means attendees can take advantage of the content until January 1, 2021 and earn Category 1 CME.
Requirements for Awarding and Earning CME Credits
In order for PAEA to award CME for participating in the Forum, the Association must comply with the policies and procedures established by the AAPA. Forum registrants must exercise honesty and integrity when claiming CME credit for participating in CME activities. Like an in-person event, PAEA is required to track and provide evidence of each registrant’s participation in CME activities.
To claim CME for a CME activity, attendees must participate in the activity. PAEA defines participation as completing all of the following steps: logging into the CME activity, viewing the CME activity, and submitting a completed evaluation. PAEA tracks participation by logins and completion of evaluations.
Two Opportuntities for Awarding Category 1 CME Credit
- Participate, by attending live or viewing recorded/on-demand session(s), in a CME activity during the week of the Forum (October 19–23).
- On Monday, October 26, PAEA 2020 Education Forum evaluations were sent to all attendees via email from Forum@PAEAonline.org. The evaluation will offer you the option to provide your information to obtain a CME certificate for the total number of Category 1 AAPA CME credits awarded at the Forum from October 19-23. After you successfully submit the survey, you will receive the CME certificate within several weeks as an email from Forum@PAEAonline.org.
- PAEA has records of all logins and completed evaluations. We will use the login information for each session along with the completed evaluations to verify participation for CME credit. CME credits earned during the week of October 19-23 will be awarded as soon as attendees complete the overall Forum evaluation.
- View recorded/on-demand session(s) after the Forum (October 24–January 1, 2021).
- You are eligible to earn additional Category 1 AAPA CME credit (up to a total of 82 hours) after the Forum ends on Friday, October 23 until Friday, January 1, 2021. The Forum virtual platform will be active for you to view recordings/on-demand session(s) until this date. After January 1, 2021, you will receive a separate PAEA 2020 Education Forum CME certificate that reflects the total number of Category 1 AAPA CME credits awarded.
PAEA defines participation as completing all of the following steps: logging into the CME activity, viewing the CME activity in its entirety, and submitting a completed evaluation 2020 PAEA Education Forum Session Evaluation.
After January 1, all Forum recordings will no longer be active.
Issues Claiming CME
Because we are all navigating a new normal which is largely dependent on technology, we understand that errors may occur. If you believe that your CME has been miscalculated, simply email us at Forum@PAEAonline.org and let us know. We are happy to look into the issue and make any necessary changes.
In the event a log-in cannot be found for an attendee who claims they participated in a CME related-activity, the attendee will be asked to complete an Attestation of Participation for the CME activity.
Logging Your CME Credits After Receiving Your Certificate
After receiving the email containing your CME certificate, follow these steps to log your CME hours with NCCPA.