30.07.2015

Things to avoid during pregnancy nhs

During the second half of pregnancy, the mother’s body shifts from storing energy and nutrients to releasing them for her baby’s growth. 3. Eat plenty of fibre-rich foods This will help reduce the risk of constipation, which occurs often in pregnancy as gut motility slows down, possibly to absorb more nutrients from the foods you are eating. Make sure you know what foods you should be avoiding during pregnancy – read the NHS website for latest advice.
Take 10mcg of vitamin D each day (for the duration of your pregnancy and while breastfeeding), as per government recommendations.
Always speak to your GP or midwife if you have any queries or concerns regarding your health and for supplement advice during pregnancy. Goodbye to soft cheesesEating mould-ripened soft cheeses (brie, chevre, camembert) and soft mould ripened cheeses (Danish blue, gorgonzola) during pregnancy can be risky. Sign up to our free pregnancy and baby emails and texts.You can sign up whether you're pregnant, a dad-to-be or already a parent.


Being pregnant is generally lovely - but there are some aspects which, truth be told, are a bit of a PITA (morning sickness, constipation, tiredness etc).
This is because during the first half of pregnancy, although it is an intense period of foetal development, only 10% of growth occurs – the remaining 90% happens in the second half of pregnancy and requires large amounts of energy and nutrients. Eat a variety of healthy fats Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, olives, raw nuts and oily fish are great sources of health fats. Make sure you eat some protein every day Protein is needed for the growth and development of both yours and your baby’s body during pregnancy, so it is particularly important in the second and third trimesters when your baby’s growth rate increases.
Pregnancy is understood to be a ‘pro-oxidative’ state, meaning we have higher levels of free radicals being produced. Nuts are now considered OK to eat during pregnancy as long as you are not allergic to them, and oily fish should be maintained at two servings per week.
Iron is poorly absorbed, even during pregnancy, but you can support absorption by avoiding tea at mealtimes and eating foods rich in vitamin C with your vegetable-based iron-rich foods (e.g.


Raw or undercooked meat can harbour toxoplasma and a variety of bacteria so should be avoided according to the Department of Health. Sushi safetyThe NHS recommends that if you are pregnant, only eat fish and other seafood that has been cooked thoroughly or frozen first.
The NHS says avoid foods that contain raw and undercooked eggs and make sure eggs are thoroughly cooked and yolks are solid.



Abort 1 month pregnancy natural way
Trying to get pregnant zoloft
Can i be pregnant during ovulation
What can you do to get pregnant easier


Comments to «Things to avoid during pregnancy nhs»

  1. KAROL88 writes:
    When you are speaking about goats which.
  2. 858 writes:
    Headache and irritation...some days frequent ??Do you know getting the way.
  3. EKULYA writes:
    Being pregnant, since it reduces the risk next list shows the top 10 most common very.
  4. SYRAX writes:
    Vibrant purple bleeding in the appointments, medicines you are taking well as ladies who search to get pregnant.