In April of 2014 Chevron distributed a new model for the 2014 FWI SEG workshop. Like the previous 2012-2013 models the data is 2D elastic isotropic marine seismic benchmark synthetic.
Data for each workshop is distributed with the data license agreements attached to each distribution. These licences are very similar to the following licence.
Do not separate this Data License Agreement from this Data. Make sure you read and understand this document fully.
Subject to the terms and conditions below, Chevron hereby extends to you ("User") a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, royalty-free license ("License") to use Chevron's 2D Synthetic Seismic Dataset, including all data and supporting information related to the 2D Synthetic Seismic Dataset, such as without limitation, Vp well log, starting Vp model, seismic wavelet, synthetic gravity data and electromagnetic data (collectively, "Data")
1. SEG. The SEG is helping to distribute this Data, but is not legally liable in any way because of that assistance.
2. NO WARRANTIES. THE DATA IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. CHEVRON MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES TO USER, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS OR FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
3. DAMAGE WAIVER. CHEVRON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHICH MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS LICENSE OR USER'S USE OF THE DATA OR RESULTS.
4. MODIFICATIONS. If User modifies this Data in any way, User must document that the data has been modified from its original form and explain how it differs from the original Data.
5. REDISTRIBUTION. If user agrees to disclose any or all of this Data with any other person or organization, user will also provide all of the associated documentation originally included with the Data and provided to user, including this Data License Agreement. If User discloses any modified version of Data, the modification must be documented and included along with the Data.
6. PUBLICATIONS. User agrees to acknowledge Chevron for use of the Data in any proposed publications, presentations or other materials that include the Data.
7. VOLUNTARY USE. Use of the Data is voluntary. Chevron will not compensate User in any way for processing, analyzing, modifying, distributing or otherwise using the Data.
By using the Data, User hereby accepts the above terms and conditions of this License. If User cannot agree with the above terms and conditions, User cannot use this Data.
Move these files into a directory you want to uncompress and untar and run:
cat seg_workshop_fwi_2014.tar.gz.parta? | tar -xvz