Car fire caused by battery,used car battery for sale in bangalore 2014,honda hybrid battery rebuild guide - Good Point

20.11.2014
A 50-year-old Westchester man died and two people were injured in a car explosion on the Grand Central Parkway near the RFK Bridge Tuesday afternoon, the FDNY said. After the fire was extinguished, Dale Tulloch of Yonkers was discovered in the backseat of the Highlander. The 26-year old male driver had a superficial burn and a 25-year-old woman passenger had difficulty breathing because of an anxiety attack, police said. Smoke could be seen blocks away, billowing above the Grand Central Parkway and the streets of Astoria. A car has been destroyed after it was torched by arsonists in the early hours of this morning. Fire fighters were called to the vehicle fire at the back of the Crossways, Caia Park shortly before 4am this morning.
A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said the vehicle had been abandoned. One crew from Wrexham attended the incident and two hose reel jets were used to extinguish the fire. A spokesperson for North Wales Fire and Rescue Service confirmed that the cause of the blaze is thought to be deliberate ignition. An employee at China Lake NAS left their GPS in the bracket attached to the windshield in the sun. A young man recently left his GPS in the bracket attached to the windshield in the sun where the battery overheated and exploded (see attached photos). The sun beating down on a parked, closed-up vehicle can generate temperatures in excessive of 140 degrees.


This is a reminder to unplug your device(s) and stow them away out of direct sunlight before closing up and leaving your vehicle. We were VERY fortunate that we accidentally found the fire, at 11pm, before going to bed and before it spread to the house.
In October 2009 these same photos were being circulated on the Internet under the claim of their documenting a car fire caused by an iPhone charger. When the photos reappeared in May 2012, they did so attached to a tale about an overheated battery-operated device (a Garmin GPS) left in a vehicle at the Naval Air Weapons Station in China Lake, California. We don't know what touched off the fire that destroyed the vehicle (which does indeed appear to be a 2007 Suburban) shown in those much-traveled photos. It is worth noting, however, that in at least one real-life instance an overheated GPS was pointed to as the cause of fairly serious vehicular damage.
Also, in 2010 Garmin recalled its Nuvi 750, 760 and 765 GPS devices because their batteries could overheat and lead to a fire. Our site covers many of the items currently being plopped into inboxes everywhere, so if you were writing to ask us about something you just received, our search engine can probably help you find the very article you want. Choose a few key words from the item you're looking for and click here to go to the search engine. We do reserve the right to use non-confidential material sent to us via this form on our site, but only after it has been stripped of any information that might identify the sender or any other individuals not party to this communication. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site.
I would bet this also applies to Cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, and other devices that use lithium batteries.


Leaving your electronics unattended and plugged into their chargers can result in a fire or explosion as the attached pictures illustrate. None of our garage heat detectors or house fire alarms went off (another item to take care of on my to do list). That fire was supposed to have been touched off by the sun's rays igniting the unit's battery.
At that time the blaze was attributed to the hardwired electrical device plug-in now commonly found in new vehicles, with the unstated cause being a short in that automobile's outlet. In that instance of these photos' use, the cause of the fire was attributed to the stand-alone device (specifically the battery it contained) rather than any permanent part of the vehicle itself.
Subscribe to the mailing list and get a daily update with the most important news from Baton Rouge! You think this may be a reason why the US Postal Service will not ship electronic devices that contain lithium batteries any longer? The boys, Jonathan and I were pretty freaked out but we're all enjoying our new car at least.



Sealed lead acid battery 6-dzm-10 (2hr)
Car battery discharge overnight
Lead acid battery solar storage options
Batteries for traxxas cars videos


Comments Car fire caused by battery

  1. Turgut
    (Electricity) So there is a way, that is if you result.
  2. 7797
    The factory for their you bought, which.
  3. KK_5_NIK
    Sales pitch being patch BIOS with no avail.
  4. KAROL_CAT
    Flooded antimonial lead-acid charger before removing its terminal clips - otherwise the clips.
  5. Suner_Girl
    Realize therefore considerably in terms lots of stop/start journeys, the.