Search

What if the dog eats chocolate,beagle dog fun facts,best food feed pitbull dog - Good Point

Category: Training For Dog Trainers | Author: admin 23.11.2013
The signs of chocolate intoxication can range depending on how much chocolate was consumed.  The most common signs are hyperactivity and restlessness, vomiting, diarrhea, increased thrust and urinating, and a rapid heart rate. The most common signs are restlessness and hyperactivity, vomiting, diarrhea, increased drinking and urinating, and a rapid heart rate. Although the occasional chocolate chip in a cookie may be nothing to worry about, certain chocolate varieties can be really toxic.
There are some people who ridicule and say that their dog ate chocolate and actually loved it and did not suffer any negative side effects.
Chocolate contains two harmful substances that can wreak havoc in the digestion system of a dog.
Caffeine interferes with the nervous system and increases the dog’s heart rate which can eventually result to death. If you suspect that your dog has eaten any form of chocolate, it is important that you rush him to your vet. Since chocolate ingestion in dogs is a fatal problem, knowing the best way to deal with the situation is very important. If your dog has just consumed chocolate, vomiting is one of the best ways to get him to remove some chocolate which will reduce the rate of absorption of the dangerous toxins in chocolate.
Of course you will not have to give your dog any of the remedies if they start vomiting on their own. Vomiting helps in eliminating theobromine from your dog’s stomach, but chances are that the chemical has already got into the blood stream of your dog if it has stayed in the tummy for long. Follow the directions in the package so that the dog can swallow the mix without straining. If you have tried all methods and your dog has not yet vomited, then try getting them what they love eating so that you can dilute the chocolate. It is important that you seek the services of a vet as fast as you can to save the life of your dog. It’s a terrible feeling when your dog finds a piece of chocolate, and devours it before you even had a second to retrieve it from his mouth. All chocolate can be dangerous, but the most potent is dark chocolate and bakers chocolate.
If you suspect that your dog ate chocolate, even if you didn’t see him eat it or even know how much of it he ate, you should be aware of the symptoms and watch and monitor you dog closely for the remaninder of the day or night.
The best form of immediate treatment and first aid for a dog who has eaten chocolate and is experiencing negative symptoms is to induce vomiting. If that doesn’t work, try giving your dog one teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide by mouth. The prognosis is excellent with dogs who suffer only minor reactions and symptoms of chocolate poisoning.
To avoid having your dog get a hold of chocolate in the future, be very careful to not leave it unattended or in the dogs reach.


This should be done only under the direction of your veterinarian but it is too late for your dog- its already been absorbed. Schaible) I am glad to have helped.  Keep an eye on her, and if you do see any of the signs I mentioned, seek veterinary care–in person!  Best of luck with Bella! While there are some dogs that are able to withstand and even digest some small pieces of milk chocolate, some other dogs cannot. The symptoms show up within an hour and continue to get worse as the dog digests and metabolizes the piece of chocolate eaten. In that scenario, you will just keep an eye on your dog and monitor for any severe cases of poison. Dogs which are small should be given a one teaspoon dose while larger dogs (25 pounds and more) should be given a two teaspoon dosage. If you are not able to afford veterinary fees, you could use veterinary charities such as PDSA if there are any in your area.
You’ve heard that dogs can have serious reactions from chocolate, but you have also heard that chocolate doesnt negatively effect all dogs. Getting as much of the chocolate out of the dogs system before it has a chance to fully digest is the first step toward helping your dog and getting the best outcome. Dogs will go through great lengths to get food, and sometimes even if you think it is not in the dogs reach, it actualy could be. If you are reading this, and your dog has not yet consumed any chocolate, know these steps and signs just in case. Depending on the amount ingested and signs the animal is exhibiting, activated charcoal may be administered.
A dog should not consume any amount of chocolate as chances are the dog will get seriously sick after eating the chocolate.
Animals especially dogs metabolize theobromine at a lower rate and this gives it time to affect their organs. The dosage will depend on the weight of your dog but one dose of a quarter teaspoon is enough to induce vomiting. If the dog does not return to its normal self after the vomiting, then it’s time to take the dog to the vet.
If they are not available, you could try looking for vets in your area that have an offer or give discounted rates for such cases.
Swift action and careful observation can help your dog survive such an experience just fine. But if your dog gets a hold of a lot of chocolate, no matter which kind, it can cause a reaction.
If your dog starts to show any of these signs, please take your dog to the nearest vet for treatment. But for more severe cases and those who have seizures or collapse due to the chocolate poisoning, the prognosis isn’t as good.


Hyperactivity can progress to tremors and seizures if large amounts are ingested.  Dogs eating chocolate can be fatal.
Although sharing food with your dog is a sign of love for them, chocolate has life threatening effects on your dog. It especially has fatal effects on the central nervous system and the heart of a dog, which may result to epileptic seizures and in severe cases death of the canine.
If there are no cheaper or discounted rates in your area than most other vet doctors, then just take your dog to your regular vet. Any one, or any combination of these warning signs is a cause for concern and should be taken seriously.
If you absolutely can’t get the dog to vomit, the next best thing to do is to try to dilute the chocolate by feeding your dog something he absolutely loves and will eat a lot of.
Acting fast in an emergency can mean the difference of life or death, or a fast recovery verses a long one. Chocolate toxicity in dogs is a serious issue, but some dog owners are not aware of the effects of it. When it comes to dogs and chocolate, it is important to always remember that dark = deadly! A lot of vets will not turn a dog away simply because the owner is unable to pay for their treatment. Teach your children the importance of not dropping chocolate on the floor for your dog to later find. Chocolate ingestion by canines can result to death and so dog owners should know about this in detail and what to do if dog eats chocolate. If after 15 minutes the hydrogen peroxide has not helped in inducing vomiting, then give your dog another dose of the same. Once the dog arrives at the vet, he will then get the necessary fluids and medication he needs to recuperate. Therefore, bakers chocolate, gourment dark chocolates, cocoa powder and semi-sweet chocolate are more harmful than milk chocolate. If still after 30 minutes your dog has not vomited, do not give him another peroxide dose as too much of it can harm the dog. Naturally, if a dog eats something that affects their digestion system, they often eat grass as it helps them to vomit.



Teach your dog not to bark
Dachshund breeders
How to make a dog leash out of fleece
Dog vomiting not eating but drinking



Comments »

  1. Tips even simple ones it is advisable have some small reward treats shares his unique.

    | BABNIK — 23.11.2013 at 22:22:25

  2. Time it can worsen the Canine.

    | SmashGirl — 23.11.2013 at 21:58:38

  3. Canine care that involves been about 15 years since I've raised.

    | Kitten — 23.11.2013 at 21:32:26